Agridon Technologies Sdn Bhd, popularly known, as ‘Agridon’ is a growing engineering company engaged in DESIGN, MANUFACTURE and IMPLEMENTATION of food and agro-chemical processing machinery on turn-key basis. We are a full-service company offering engineering, systems, and solutions for powder and liquid processing. Established in 1998, the company is known for innovative processing systems for drying, granulation, agglomeration, coating, evaporation, distillation, crystallisation, filtration, liquid processing, powder handling and packaging, tableting, mixing, containment, cleaning (CIP) and fermentation. Our specialisation is in custom design of spray dryer, evaporator, reactor technology and process intensification. Through years of accumulated knowledge and client feedback, process intensification is a result of the organic growth experienced by the company when faced with varying customer demands. Process intensification consultancy is a service that is only relatively recently made available to industry at Agridon.
Agridon has constantly worked with R&D institutions, both locally and internationally on product formulation and engineering. This strategy allows Agridon to always provide state-of-the-art and value-for-money solutions to clientele.
Agridon Technologies is very aware that Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) lack the resources to invest in R&D projects unlike larger corporations, hence are exposed to less opportunities to improve their products and services. Agridon has close ties with R&D institutions locally and abroad. We proactively strive to encourage and facilitate knowledge transfer between local and international stakeholders, and between SMEs and scientists/innovators. We strive and aspire to be the centre of knowledge transfer so that we can provide added value to our clientele including SMEs, thus allowing them to be as competitive as larger corporations and institutions.
Agridon builds long term relationships with clientele to develop new market opportunities through a series of strategic actions which include working collaboratively:
- To effectively manage innovation and ideas to fruition along Technology Readiness Level and Manufacturing Readiness Level;
- To build brand awareness nationally, regionally and internationally by winning renowned innovation, engineering, and science awards;
- To seize opportunities provided by favorable funding (not loan) schemes to lower the risk inherent in R&D.
- We are working closely with the National University of Malaysia to create economic opportunities and innovation services by addressing biotechnological challenges.
Research and Development (R&D)
In R&D, Agridon has a history of working closely with international research institutions in Europe, i.e. Newcastle University and Warwick University in UK, Kassel University in Germany, and Catholic University of Leuven in Belgium. The focus of research is mainly on process technology, intensification and optimisation.
Our knowledge in fluid bed and drying technology are scientifically esteemed and been thoroughly peer-reviewed by technical and scientific peers alike.
- Chan, C.W., Seville, J., Yang, Z. and Baeyens, J., Particle motion in the CFB riser with special emphasis on PEPT-imaging of the bottom section, Powder Technology, Vol. 196 (2009), p. 318-325
- Chan, C.W., Seville, J.P.K. and Baeyens, J., Particle velocities and their residence time distribution in the riser of a CFB, Powder Technology, Vol. 203 (2010), p. 187-197
- Chan, C.W., Seville, J., Fan, X. and Baeyens, J., Particle motion in L-valve as observed by positron emission particle tracking, Powder Technology, Vol. 193 (2009), p. 137-149
- Chan, C.W., Seville, J., Fan, X. and Baeyens, J., Solid particle motion in a standpipe as observed by Positron Emission Particle tracking, Powder Technology, Vol. 194 (2009), 58-66
- Brems, A., Chan, C.W., Seville, J.P.K., Parker, D. and Baeyens, J., Modelling the transport disengagement height in fluidized beds, Advanced Powder Technology, Vol. 22 (2011), p. 155-161
- Chan, C.W., Brems, A., Mahmoudi, S., Baeyens, J., Seville, J., Parker, D., Leadbeater, T. and Gargiuli, J., PEPT study of particle motion for different riser exit geometries, Particuology, Vol. 6 (2010), p. 623-630
- Mahmoudi, S., Chan, C.W., Brems, A., Seville, J. and Baeyens, J., Slow flow diagram of a CFB riser using Geldart B-type powders. Particuology, Vol. 10 (2012), p. 51-61
Agridon has a history of working closely with local Malaysian universities (UKM, UTM, USM, etc) and companies. These collaborations place a much heavier focus on product formulation and biotechnology, such as hydrolysis, powder technology, hydrolysis, enzyme activation, etc.
Development work and social responsibility
We have experience working with international Non-Governmental Organisation such as Practical Action and Environmental Foundation for Africa. The agricultural value chains that we have experience in are fish, maize and fresh vegetables in Sierra Leone, Kenya and Ghana, to reduce postharvest food waste and lifting people out of poverty. Below are some of our accomplishments:
- Chan Chian Wen has cycled 800 km through Scotland and raised RM2400 for Practical Action (international Non-Governmental Organisation) to raise awareness of the importance of food and energy engineering intervention for sustainable and international development. Agridon had donated for his endeavour.
- Won Institute of Chemical Engineering Global Awards 2015 in “Dhirubhai Ambani Award for Outstanding Chemical Engineering Innovation for Resource-Poor People”. Combined knowledge on energy engineering and food engineering to innovate, i.e. “Multifunctional concentrated solar adsorption for food preservation and value addition”.
We are always open to working collaboratively on developmental projects like poverty alleviation and sustainable development through the application of engineering principles.